Azaan and Jaf Travel to South Carolina to go Racing!

We had to make an unexpected trip from Southwestern Pennsylvania to South Carolina the weekend of September 12 - 13th to deliver an important race car part to my brother who was racing that weekend at Carolina Motorsports Park. When I say "unexpected", I really mean unexpected. We got a call at 10:00 p.m. Friday night from my brother that he needed something out of his race car shop for early Saturday morning. Since the trip was approximately 520 miles one-way, we had to leave pronto in order to make it to the race. We packed a few clothes, loaded up the dogs and we were on our way within an hour. Approximately 9 hours later, we arrived in South Carolina bright and early Saturday morning. On time! The team cheered us as we saved their day.

Power's Legendary Azaan, South African Boerboel Mastiff
Key to taking dogs to an event like this is that they are confident and well behaved. I knew Azaan would be fine as she had to spend over 60 days in a hotel room as I traveled on business last year. She has been traveling with me since I got her 1-1/2 years ago. I thought Jaf would be fine too, and I was right. Here is a photo of the dogs hanging out in the cold pits with the crew. They know how to chill out, even with the hustle and bustle of huge crowds of people and activities all around them. Jaf is 10 weeks old in these photos.


The Great Dane and the Boxer also enjoyed the racing weekend. These were two very well behaved dogs, both of them rescues! Azaan got an opportunity to meet them (Jaf was sleeping). The Boxer gave her big kisses in the face. He has a really long tongue!

No comments:

Post a Comment