Boerboels Play Rough

If you are looking for a quiet, couch potato dog, don't get a Boerboel! These guys play rough, they have endless energy, and they need a constructive outlet for that energy. Both dogs are in training, and this helps to keep them mentally and physically fit. Even with the training, they require a lot of mental stimulation and physical exercise. My dogs romp and play in one of the horse pastures on a daily basis, and we also hike in the woods to let out steam. Be realistic about the amount of time you have to spend with a dog before you buy a Boerboel.

I call this photo "Sliding Stop". Jaf is 11 months old, and a big dude. He can turn and stop on a dime, especially considering his size.
Jaf likes to run and zoom around, and then Azaan tries to tackle him. He loves it! It's a good thing, because she can get rough. Not too many dogs enjoy playing with her. I can't imagine why! Here she gives Jaf a nip on the shoulder as he zooms by.

I'm not sure who is getting the best of who in this photo. Jaf can tackle like an NFL linebacker. It is amazing he hasn't hurt his shoulder when he does this. Ouch!







3 comments:

  1. Rough; but absolutely gorgeous. I weigh above 250, and roll Ju-Jitsu with friends---so, all I can think is how much I'd like to be there with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like ist ! Big dogs play hard! And sure this kind of dogs need a job! Here in germany much people forget this!

    ReplyDelete