Boerboels at the Shooting Range

I took the dogs to the shooting range today. Azaan was there last year, and I know she is okay with loud noises, including gunfire, thunderstorms and fireworks. This was Jaf's first trip to the shooting range, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I think he did great! I was very happy that he wasn't nervous or shy around the gunfire. We walked right down where the action was, and Jaf took it all in stride. Jaf experienced his first thunderstorm last weekend when we were in Southern Pines, North Carolina, and he slept through it. Both dogs are environmentally stable, and both have a good temperament.

This shooting range is part of the State Game Lands that is a few miles from where I live. It was a beautiful 70 degree day in Southwestern Pennsylvania. We don't get many warm days in March, so everyone is out enjoying the weather! One of the shooters walked over to talk to us and to inquire about the dogs. He has a female Cane Corso that he rescued as a puppy.

Please excuse the quality of this video. I was trying to hold the dogs in one hand and shoot the video with the other hand. Both dogs were wearing a flat collar. It isn't easy to shoot a video with one hand while holding over 250+ pounds of dogs with the other!

No comments:

Post a Comment