A Frigid Swim

I was on my way back from a trip from Pennsylvania to Rockingham, NC to a race that my brother was participating in when I stopped at Jefferson National Forest in Virginia to let the dogs out for a potty break in the mountains. Azaan loves water, but wasn't happy just to wade in it. The water was freezing! There was still some snow on the ground that had not melted, and trust me that the water was icy. Brrrrr. One crazy dog.



We logged 1,014 miles in a period of 3 days (Friday through Sunday). It was about an 8-1/2 hour trip one-way. The Jefferson National Forest in Virginia is about 5 miles north of Wytheville, Virginia. It is about half-way on our trip from Pennsylvania to North Carolina, and it is a good stop for the dogs to get some exercise and stretch their legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment