It's A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Ever hear of Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood?

"It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, the neighborhood. Won't you be mine, won't you be mine, won't you be my neighbor?"

I digress. Back to reality, it was another beautiful Fall day in Pennsylvania. After next week, I won't be able to take the dogs into the woods because of hunting season. The Monday after Thanksgiving is the first day of buck (white tail) hunting season in Pennsylvania. I decided to take the opportunity to enjoy the leaves.

Jaf started the day by trying to taunt Azaan into play. What a little tease! Here he is barking and growling at her to see if he can get her to chase him.

It worked. I am so happy that the two of them get along well. When I took the two of them to the vet for Jaf's check-up, the vet was surprised that Azaan puts up with his antics. She can dish it out too. The caption for the following photo is: "Who me? I am a perfect little baby Boerboel and I am innocent of any wrong-doings."


I know that it is important not to let young puppies stress their bones by jumping, climbing up stairs, etc. Jaf's breeder is probably going to have a coronary, but I try my best to keep this guy grounded on all four feet. Baby Jaf has different ideas though, and sometimes he does things so quick that I can't stop him. He saw the challenging tree on the hill, and thought it might be fun to climb. Jaf's real Mom, Mizpah Minnie, likes to climb trees. Jaf wants to let his Mom know that he is trying to follow in her footsteps. He doesn't back down from a challenge!


"Okay. I'm listening. Now what did I do wrong?"

No comments:

Post a Comment