Sewickley Hunt, the End of the Day

The Sewickley Hunt Club was established in 1922 and recognized by the Master of Foxhounds of America (MFHA) in 1924. It is one of the oldest active hunts in the United States. Foxhunting is a seasonal sport. The Sewickley Hunt Club hunts from August through January on Wednesdays, Saturdays and holidays. These pictures are at the conclusion of a hunting day. I was out running errands on Saturday afternoon and came home to the Hunt in one of the pastures that I formerly kept my foals when I was breeding horses. Now that I have my new camera, I hope to get some better shots of the Hunt and hounds when they are working.




Walking towards home on Fairhill Road, Sewickley, Pennsylvania. The day has ended and the riders each ride toward home. In the evening, they will get together for the Hunt Tea! I took this picture through the windshield of my car.



No comments:

Post a Comment